Saturday, December 12, 2009

Unplanned day of rest

I had intended to go to the gym for my elliptical workout on Friday, but life being what it was, I did not make it. 

After many errands and a nice lunch with my mom, I wasn't left with enough time.  I was meeting my cousin Ronnie and as he was coming from about 2 hours away, I did not want to be late.  As it turns out, Murphy had a hand in everything and Ronnie was caught in a snow storm traffic situation on the highway and was quite late -- I would have had time.

It's all good.

I must admit, I think I was feeling a bit of guilt for my indulgences on Thursday night.  Along with my commitment to working out, I have been trying to eat well -- nothing crazy, just well balanced, nutrient rich eating. I did not over indulge as I may have once done.  Still I could feel the difference between how I had been eating and feeling and how I felt after my restaurant meal.

That being said, I do not intend to turn into an overly critical, consumed with perfection person as far as diet and exercise.  For that reason, I am partially glad took a day of rest.  I have not set a specific number of days to go to the gym.  I want to want to go.  I want to make fitness and activity a part of my life...a part I enjoy....not a dreaded task to get through...I do not want that.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I had been achy....my legs, my feet, my knees, my hips, my bum....all of me.  I was concerned about my weight and running....was I doing damage to my joints?  Should I be doing this?

Perhaps a day of rest was called for.

Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment